SPATIAL DATA SOLUTIONS
Powerline * Coastal * Corridors * Forestry * Landscapes * Mining * Planning * Watersheds
LiDAR uses the same principle as RADAR with light replacing radio waves. LiDAR systems measure the
time it takes for a laser pulse to travel from the airborne sensor to the ground and back using GPS
and other advanced technologies to calculate accurate positions of surface features. The result is the
ability to produce accurate, detailed surface models quickly and often at reduced costs over conventional
photogrammetric mapping for medium to large areas. LiDAR can provide extensive information regarding
vegetation and other above-ground features, in addition to “seeing” below the vegetation thereby
simultaneously mapping the forest floor and modelling the canopy above.
- Save time and resources with faster turnaround (up to 75% less time)
- Safely acquire detailed data in remote or inaccessible areas
- Request customized products, e.g. Orthophotos, slope analysis and forest height
- Improve project scheduling with less restrictive flight planning (day/night/season)
- Visualize and model in 3D with superior density and accuracy, e.g. flood prediction
- Improve geospatial capabilities as LiDAR combines easily with your GIS data
- Access and analyze terrain beneath forest canopy or vegetation
To find out how LiDAR can work for you, contact us today!
Leverage Worldwide Capability – Capacity – Collaboration to Create Competitive Advantage
The SDS group offers a diverse portfolio of products and services by leveraging our global team and
strategic alliances. Sharing resources, technology, expertise, capabilities and capacity, provides you with a
broader suite of solutions.
To find out how teaming with Spatial Data Solutions can create competitive advantage, contact us today.
Email: email@example.com or you can reach us at: 1-303-862-8801
© 2004 - 2014 Spatial Data Solutions. All rights reserved